The Animal Control Division responds to requests for help with animals that are in distress, wild, or deceased.
If you’ve lost your pet and suspect it was picked up in error, we typically transport animals to the Weslaco Animal Care Services in Weslaco and hold them for 2- 3 days. (Owners are usually notified if they pick up pets with I.D. tags)
Weslaco Animal Care Services
1912 Joe Stephens Ave, Weslaco, TX 78599
NOTE: We are currently not accepting/capturing live cats. Please contact your local cat rescue for rehoming support.
- Routinely patrols city streets to pick up stray and dead animals.
- Investigates and capture animals suspected of being rabid.
- Conducts quarantine checks for rabies in biting animals.
- Patrols for stray dogs for impoundment purposes.
- Transport animals to the shelter.
- Write up animals captured for acceptable purposes and identification.
- Enforce animal control ordinances.
If you need the assistance of our Animal Control Division please call (956) 223-2400
This number is available 24 hours a day. Animal Control Officers are dispatched Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM