The Animal Control Division responds to requests for help with animals that are in distress, wild, or deceased.
- Routinely patrols city streets to pick up stray and deceased animals.
- Investigates and captures animals suspected of being rabid.
- Conducts quarantine checks for rabies in biting animals.
- Patrols for stray dogs for impoundment purposes.
- Transport animals to shelter.
- Write up animals captured for fine purposes and identification.
- Enforce animal control ordinances.
If you need the assistance of our Animal Control Division please call (956) 223-2400
This number is available 24hrs a day.